Monday, September 14, 2009

September 14, 2009: Helter Skelter

OK, I've come to the conclusion that in order to keep this blog running, we need a format change. I feel like I haven't been writing it just because I can't get things going inside of the monolog format and keep that pace up that I had in the first few entries.

So, here's the new format: whatever I damn well please.

Seriously.

The blog format allows for such immense creativity and diversity that wittling it down to the "late night monologue" format does nothing but box me in and require me to make everything fit that mold. Why not just take the freedom that comes with the format?

"But oh wise and handsome Coach," you may moan. "Won't that mean the death of all funny business and lead to some sort of helter skelter entries that keep us guessing on just what we're really going to get from you?"

Well, yes and no. Yes, you'll never really know what you're going to get until you read the new entry. No, it'll still have some funny business, but I'm not going to slave to formulaic entries anymore. And we've still got a third song about United Airlines somewhere on the horizon, and I can't leave a trilogy incomplete!

So come back later today when I unleash the all new Monoblog. I think you're going to enjoy it a lot more and a lot more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment